Monday, January 18, 2010

My NOT SO Green Thumb


I have always thought plants were beautiful- other people's plants. Since college, I have tried desperately to keep one living, potted, green in my living space- even -a cactus one year- but to no avail. I just do not have a natural (or unnatural) green thumb. A couple of months ago, my aunt moved to Ohio and I inherited several of her plants and I am proud to say they are still alive! My parents went on a trip and left the pointsettias and yes, they are still red! There is hope for me yet. Don't let the picture deceive you too much, I hide some fake foliage among the real to make it appear more lively- can you spot it?

2 comments:

  1. Another reason we are best friends! I kill all plants too! My guess: the white flowers are fake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black thumb here...gonna try to do an outside garden this spring. We will see...it may be Wyatt's garden because I'll just kill it.

    ReplyDelete